The University Department of Yoga of Ranchi University is a Vocational Course run and governed under self-financing scheme. It was an initiative of our present Honorable Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Ramesh Kumar Pandey. It was established on 19th December, 2017 with a CBCS-based Post-Graduation in Yoga. In the next year 2018, another course (CBSC-based one-year with two semesters) PG Diploma in Yogic Science was started.
The responsibility of the department was given to Dr. Tulu Sarkar, Director (Professor at University Department of Political Science, RU and Activist of Yoga) and Dr. Anand Kumar Thakur, Course Coordinator (University Department of Zoology, RU and Activist of Yoga).
It is located in the Facilitation Centre, Basic and Applied Science Campus at Morhabadi, Ranchi. It has well developed classrooms, laboratory and library. Our department has an exhaustive Yoga Library with a good collection of more than 500 books, videos and journals.
Aims & Objective
- To provide for a healthy environment for the instructions and training in Yoga and Spiritual lore as propounded great Yoga Saints.
- To provide in-depth theory and practical-based education of Yogic Science.
- To promote the research and innovative activities among students and faculties. The advancement and dissemination of all the streams of yoga and its applications to meet the challenges at global level.
- To undertake induction activities including extra-mural studies, extension programs and field-outreach activities to contribute to peace and prosperity of the nation.
- To undergo Life Training and Character Building Education with Yoga as a way of Life.
- To enhance the skill of students to opt good career and livelihood in field of Yoga.
To start add-on short-term course and training for student of other streams, professionals and civil society.
To establish world-class research laboratory in an association with world class organizations at national and international level.